Saturday, August 26, 2006

It's been a long week!

Went to a club called Accent on Saturday night. It was craptastic! Lol. Seriously, really bad. And hour to find parking, overly squishy, two tiny levels both playing the same bad music. Whoo! Party! Lol. Plus the people I went with weren't much fun.

So the family got back on Monday. It was good to see them all again, especially cos I hadn't seen S in a month dure to her going away to camp and all that. It was fun.

Tuesday night was tough for me though.

Remember in one of my first posts when I got here I mentioned a Swedish girl named Josephine? Well, she was only here as a summer au pair, and on Tuesday night we had her farewell dinner because she was leaving Thursday.

Pretty much all day Tuesday I was feeling a bit weepy, as Emma can attest to because she called me. :P Jose and I didn't spend much time together while she was here. In fact, we saw each other a total of 4 times in the last three months and spoke on the phone and net a bit more than that. But we just totally clicked from the word "go" and I consider her a close friend. When I saw her Tuesday night it was really hard for both of us. We went to dinner with a big group of her friends (many of whom are also my friends) and it was good. Unfortunately though, I had to work the next day, and since they live a solid half-hour's drive away I needed to leave straight after dinner and couldn't go on partying with them.



I think it really drove home how hard this whole experience is. I mean, it's hard leaving everyone at home behind, but in the back of your mind you know that they're still going to be there when you get back in a year. Jose lives in bloody Sweden! When the hell am I ever going to go there?

Also that night it was Maren's birthday. She was at the training school with Jose and I. She turned 21 the next day, but didn't tell anyone!! Lol. I found out on the way over there and felt terrible cos I didn't even have a card.

School started on Wednesday. They only went for an hour though. It was still good. Their first full day was Thursday. J-dad also left on a business trip that day, so now when they're at school I'm at home doing a whole lotta nothin'.

At least now though, I have my own school work to keep me occupied. I started my course on Thursday night at Harper College. I'm doing Women in Literature. I'm starting to wish I'd chosen an easier subject! You wouldn't believe the reading I have to do. But at least it'll keep me occupied. When the weather clears up I want to walk to the park and do my reading there, just to get out of the house for a bit.

Went and saw World Trade Centre (or Center here) with Lara and two other girls last night. Lara and I were in tears the whole way, but the other girls seemed unaffected by the whole thing. I dunno, it was weird. I didn't want to see the movie at all, but Lara's wanted to see it for ages. I actually didn't mind the movie. If they wanted, they could have made it even sadder and depressing. It was about 2 police officers that were pulled out of the rubble. I think the thing that was saddest was that they had some facts about the day at the end of the movie - did you know that only 20 people were pulled out of the rubble alive? That's so terrible. These guys were number 18 and 19.

So that was my fun Friday evening! Lol!

I'm going Downtown with Lara today to apparently try "the world's best capuccino", or so her guidebook says. :P Should be interesting...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My God Sarah you wrote that last column at 1 AM! You are even worse than me! You should have been asleep in your bed at that time...
Please try to read " a room of one's own" by Virginia Woolf if you can for your studies as it ia all about women in literature. I agree that it will be a tough subject though>
All the best & kind regards
Jackie

Anonymous said...

gees you silly mary anne, hello emo
hey jonas wants to know who the second girl is hehehe

glad your having fun miss you lots

Sarah said...

The second girl is Maren.

Oh, and Jeckie, I actually am reading A Room of One's Own for this week's class! Good timing!

Mary, don't die your hair black. If you don't like people calling you emo stop doing emo things.

Sarah said...

Lol. My phone here isn't working at the moment. So I won;t be able to ring for a couple of weeks. If she needs to talk to me she can get the phone number off Daniel or Lesia.

Also, can you just keep your posts to commenting on the blog? You don't need to air this on a public forum. If you have a problem just email me.

Anonymous said...

sarah you are sooooo funny. movie sounds good. i think i would cry too. i tried calling sat morn , well ur fri night, but that phone of yours is crap and i couldnt get you. hope you got my email. call me wen your phone works again so i know. how was the "worlds best cap?"

Anonymous said...

mary why are you such a emo crybaby jeez..you cant even listen to one simple instruction..get some help

Sarah said...

Erm, Dan? Same thing I said to Mary applies to you. You got a prob, talk to her at home.

Sheesh! I'm a trillion miles away and I still have to deal with this crap!