Thursday, August 03, 2006

Funniest Conversation to Date

This took place on the phone to a guy at Target:

Me: Hi, I'm just wondering if you sell shin pads?

SA: I'm sorry, what?

Me: Shin pads. You know, to protect your shins when you're playing soccer?

SA: Oh, shin guards?

Me: (thinking HUGE diff) Those are the ones.

SA: Ok, which sport?

Me: Soccer (soccah)

SA: Soccah? I'm sorry, what?

Me: Um... soccah? Soccah?

SA: Err... soccah? Which sport?

Me: Sah-kerrr?

SA: Oh, soccer.

Me: laughing hysterically.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That waa really funny! It reminded me of a conversation I once had with a waitress in Texas somewhere about a toilet; I was rather desperate to go and she could not understnd what I wanted at all; I think I ended up with pretty obvious sign language and after about five minutrds of this she said: oh so you wanted the "toilet" and proceded to give me the directions. I could have killed her!
Best regards
Jackie

Anonymous said...

that is soooo funny.im still laughing.

Anonymous said...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhaa!!

As you know my friend is working in LA and she has to talk with an American accent just so the customers can understand her.

Anonymous said...

HAHHAH! That's hiliriiius rex, hiliriius!

Anonymous said...

hahaha go u sarah with your occa aussie accent!

Sarah said...

Erm... It's not ocker. It's just pronounced the way we speak it. It's not my fault that they pronounce "o" sound wrong.

Anonymous said...

It's not ocker at all. That is EXACTLY how Australians (and I'd imagine Brits if they didn't call Soccer 'football') pronounce it. If you’re Australian and call it sah-kerrr, then you’ve been watching too much American television.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I spelt my name wrong, damn touch typing.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Meaks! Calling Sarah 'occa' is the funniest thing ever. Ah youse guys you're so ASSSTRAAAAAYAN.