Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sleepy

So yesterday was fun. HA!

I went to the doctor yesterday and after filling in about 5 years worth of paperwork saw my doctor. Well, actually, it's pretty silly the way the system works. When you make your appointment, the receptionist asks what's wrong with you. Then when you're filling out the mounds of paperwork they ask you to write what's wrong with you. Then a nurse takes you into the little room and asks you what's wrong with you. Then she leaves after taking your blood pressure and pulse and the doctor comes in.

Guess what he asks?

Yep, that's right.

So anyway, he was nice enough and gave me presecriptions for stuff. And he faxed the prescription straight to the supermarket I was going to pick it up at.

I went to pick it up...

AND NEARLY FAINTED BECAUSE IT COST $80!!!!!

Jesus Christ!!! Seriously, thank GOD Lara had given me some money cos I paid for the tickets to DC on my account, and on Saturday found I had $0.00 in my account. And hadn't deposited my cheque yet this week. :O Seriously. So luckily I had $100 in my wallet so I could pay. Then I hauled arse home to call my insurance agency and see whether it was covered. Luckily, it is, but I need to make a claim which'll take about 30 days to process before I get the money. Whatevs. I just need it back! Can you imagine $80 on meds?? That was just for one type of tablet!

Anyway, so apparently the blocked nose might be a type of hayfever? Instead of me getting a stuffy nose and all that jazz, I get blocked ears. Whatever. Anyway, the medication has unblocked ONE ear. Hehehe. I guess one is better than none.

So then I called the office thing that I had to volunteer for and said I was sick. *cough*cough* Yup. Then I parked myself in front of the comp and did my essay. Then S came home, then J, then I had to take J to his School of Religion class, and I stayed for the liturgy they had. It's weird. It was the first time I'd been to church since Mary's confirmation. That was 3 years ago!! Anyway, it was nice.

Then J and I came home, had dinner, then had to drop him off at his cubscouts meeting. Then I sat down and finished my essay, bibliography and all! Very exciting. I even thought of a nifty title: One View of the World. It doesn't really fit in with my essay, except the intro and conclusion, but that's OK. I'm still peeved I even HAD to have a title.

So yeah, now I've done the essay, today I can focus on reading the stuff for tonight's class... even though I'm going out and meeting up with Patty and Lara today... Woops. Lol.

Then tonight I have class. Something that really annoys me is that everyone puts their hand up to speak. But I can't do that! Uni broke me out of that habit. I don't understand how you can have a discussion when you put your hand up to say what you want to say. A discussion is free-flowing! It's very frustrating to put up your hand when you have a point to make, and people will sit there with their hand up patiently and I forget. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

$80?
so THATS why they call it the lucky country.
i was getting worried there.

Sarah said...

Yup. It IS the lucky country. As in, you're lucky if you can afford to be sick in the first place, let alone buy the medicine to cure you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, it's the land of the free we are talking about here! Just as well you had some cash with you! I do hope the medicine will work for the other ear soon otherwise you might have to ask for a refund of $40.00! I like the way you weaselled out of going to one place but you could have been senn in several other places (incl. a church, mind you) when you should have been at home! Anyway. I wish you good luck with the marks on your essay. It appears that it is also the land of the extremely polite (funny that cos I don't remember the Yanks as being amything except arrogant, maybe I met the wrong ones).
Kind regards.
Jackie