Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Re. People's comments

Hi all. I just thought I'd respond to a few of the comments this blog has received lately.

I don't know if anyone realises, but this blog reflects how I'm feeling at the time that I post. As with everyone, I have good days and bad days. A lot of the time I find that I'm posting when I have bad days for several reasons:


  1. When I'm having a bad day I feel the need to vent my frustrations
  2. Often times when things are great I don't have time to actually post
  3. I work really long days and am constantly tired, which doesn't bode well for me
  4. This is an extreme situation. It's tough to be pulled out of your comfort level and have to deal with situations, issues and people you've never had to face before without your usual support network behind you. That's why I have this blog, so that I can connect with the people I love and need when times are tough.
  5. And this is the most important one: I am being positive about things. That's just it. I think that's what makes this situation so hard. I start out everyday trying to be happy and deciding that this will be the day that things click. Then things start chipping away and it's just incredibly hard.

And that's the bottom line.

So maybe take the time to read the whole blog and find out how things have actually been, then pass judgement. Or don't whatever. I'm not fussed.

So,on a completely different note: ASPEN.

Aspen is just stunning. Like, indescribably stunning. I almost wish I enjoyed skiing or snowboarding. Almost. Lol. It ain't that pretty. ;) But it is.

The family head out early (like, 8ish) to go skiing/snowboarding, then I bum around the apartment for awhile trying to nap. Yes, me, trying to nap. Those that know me know that I cannot nap. But I might be suffering from altitude sickness which can manifest in insomnia and headaches, among other things. I definately have the insomnia and headaches part down pat. I tried taking one of John's sleeping tablets last night, but it only worked for about 4 hours, and I woke up at 1:30 and kept tossing the rest of the night. And it's not like I'm not exhausted or anything. Oh well.

There are so many Aussies here. And New Zealanders. And South Africans. And, surprisingly, Chicagoans! Seriously. We've bumped into so many people who are not only from Chicago, but live/d right near us or actually in our suburb! Small world.

I'm not doing much shopping, because the stores don't really cater to the non- rich and famous. Lol. But I've done a lot of window shopping and people watching. I love seeing the typical Aspeners. You know, they're draped in fur, Birkin or Kelly bag in one hand and Gucci or Prada shopping bag in the other. =) Love it!

What else to mention? Not much else. I want to go see the psychic here tomorrow. It's pricey ($50 for psychic reading, or $40 for tarot reading) but I've wanted to go since I saw the sign on the first day. I'm trying to arrange sleighride tonight which will be so exciting if we can do it!

I haven't done as much reading as I was hoping to do. I had brought two extra books on top on the current book I'm reading (The Sorrows of Young Werther) but it just hasn't worked out that way. I might go try and find a cafe to sit in today and just drink coffee and read.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am sorry to have to tell you that i broke my left wrist yesterday. so there won't be any initials becausze i am typing with my right hand only.
anyway, what i wanted to say is don't worry about stupid comments, you don't have to justify yourself in any way at all.
aspen must be an axceptionally nice place i have only ever seen photos of it; when we lived in the usa we would ski in massasuchetts
well brian would ski anyway because i was pregnant with sylvie at the time and i wasn't allowed to ski.
i am very pleased to see that you are having a great time except for your sleep of course, but i think that will be fixed when you get back home,
kind regards
jackie

Anonymous said...

Sarah you vent away all you like. That's what blogs are for! We know there are good parts but there are shit parts as well and I find, personally, getting the shit parts out on paper to be very therapeutic. I would be doing exactly the same. Who is this Jenni chick btw? Is she a friend of yours? Either way I give her the hand! *hand*

Aspen sounds lovely! Maybe you can steal someone's Gucci bag and parade around pretending you actually have gone shopping?

Things are pretty shit on my side of the world. So hoping things are going better for you! I'm rooting for you!

Speak soon beautiful!

Sarah said...

Aw, Jackie, I hope you get beter soon! How did you do it? Don't worry about capitalisation - we'll all deal. =)

Nicole, Jenni is my friend from NAB, but I'm not sure if that's the same as Jennie, the one who commented. If it is, Jenni! How could you!!! Lol. ;)

Sorr things aren't going so well woman. Have you gotten last semester's results?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I got them. I did okay. Didn't fail anything, didn't do amazingly well but I did alright. One more semester to go and only two more units to do. Oh my god!! I almost have a uni degree!

Ps - I always have your back. =)

Anonymous said...

Who are these callets judging you? Isn't this your blog and you can say whatever the hell you like? I can't believe you had to justify why you vent! Jeez I'm shitting (sheissen!!!) for you. (haha that made no sense....whatever...) People suck :P
Dont worry about them sarah! Continue venting!! If we cant be there in the flesh to vent, do so in your blog!!! Love ya!!! MWAH!

Anonymous said...

yep thats it... keep whinging!!