Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Just a quick note to say that Lara's going home on Jan 8th. :(

Here's us looking HOT (hehehe) in Joanne's with our 4th of July headbands.
I love you lots, Lara, and I know we'll see each other again. Unfortunately, since I'm going to Pittsburgh tomorrow and Lara's heading off to New York on the 28th, this was our 2nd last weekend together, and I already ruined it by getting sick yesterday. I'm still sick today so might not be able to see her.

In other news, Aspen was just stunning. Like, breathtaking.

That's the view from the parking lot of our apartment.

I mostly spent my time not sleeping and wandering around town. Apparently Heidi Klum, Seal and Mariah Carey were in town, but I didn't see them. :( Dammit!!! Lol.

The sleighride was quite possibly the most fantastic experience ever. I wish the photos of the mountains surrounding us came out well, but take my word for it, the views were stunning. And the stars! Gorgeous. We got picked up by a horse and carriage in front of the apartment and were taken to the golf course to do the sleighride. Then afterwards we got horse and carriage delivered to the apartment. All of my photos of the night include the kids in them, so I can't put them up, but just take my word for it.

Unfortunately, whilst we were in Aspen, Denver had a huge blizzard and was closed for a few days. Luckily though, it opened again at lunchtime on Friday, the day we were leaving, and our flight out of denver was at 3:55. The "unfortunately" part comes from the fact that for some reason Aspen airport was closed. WTF?? It was a perfect day. They made the decision at 1am that day. And the only way for us to get to Denver to make the flight? We had to get a taxi to take us. :O Yes, that's right. It was a nice one, but it was a 5 hr drive and cost F&J $800! But it was that or have to stay in Aspen til tomorrow evening (Christmas) and pay $600 p/night for the apartment.

The drive was stunning though.


That was pretty much the view the entire way. =) And it didn't feel like a 5hr drive at all.
Denver Airport was nuts though. The security line literally snaked around the entire rectangular shape of the airport, almost doubling up on itself. John is part of the star alliance thingy that lets him go on this shorter line, so we went straight through. I felt so bad for the people in an hour and a half wait though.
So that was our holiday.
I think the lack of sleep has caught up with me because I have a fever today and my glands are all swollen. I think I'm just exhausted. :( I'm going to try and rest as much as possible today, but I still have to finish my Christmas shopping and wrap my gifts, cos we're going to Pittsburgh tomorrow for a few days to spend time with John's family.
So if I don't get a chance to get online before we leave,
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems to me like you caught a chill in aspen. i do hope you get better soon otherwise another visit to the doctor will put some more strain on your budget besides which it does not feel very pleasant to be sick...so get well soon dear sarah.
you were quite lucky to get out of aspen by the sound of things. denver airport often seems to be closed in the winter because it's in mountain country. i remember it well.
merry christmas to you too dear from brian ,me and stephanie who keeps talking about you all the time;
all the best
jackie

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Chrissy day here wasnt very hot, bugger. Hope you had a good one!
Lotsa Luff

Anonymous said...

Gidday Sarah
oops I forgot to send a Merry Christmas to you but here is a great big HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Daddy G OOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

loser
where is merry christmas.

right back at you!!

did you get my present

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your friend, it must be so hard.

you ll have to go over to germany. least you will have great memories...

we all mis you heaps......

why didnt lara look for another family