Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in awhile.

Spent a week in Pittsburgh. John's family is really nice, but it was tough being around everyone 24/7. I was glad when we finally got home.

I think I'm really run down. My glands are so swollen they hurt and my joints are all stiff. I'm like a total granny! Lol. You should see me try and climb stairs. Hehe. But there's no time for sleep because I only have about 5 more days left with Lara. :(

She, Judith and I have spent the last couple of nights going to the movies. First we saw Blood Diamond, which everyone MUST see because it is just brilliant and will make you rethink your jewellery choices. Then last night we saw Night at the Museum which was just hillarious. =) Another recommendation from yours truly. I don't know whether we'll be able to go to the movies tonight because it's 7:30 and Frances isn't back yet. She'll probably get back around 8 after I've picked Jack up from Boy Scouts, and I don't know what movies are playing. See, Lara and I had grand plans to see all these movies, and then with her leaving we were like, "Oh my God! I needed to see that with you!" so we're trying to fit them in before she leaves.

So New Year's Eve came and went. It was ridiculously tame. Lol. I was working downtown for a couple of hours til 10, then met up with friends at Navy Pier and watched the fireworks, which have nothing on Sydney. Lol. Then Judith and I had to hightail it to the station to make the last train home, which we did. Unfortch, Kelly and her friends missed their train, so when I got home I jumped in a car and drove to a different station to pick them up and drop them at the station they were supposed to be going to (stupid Metra and their crappy train timetable) and eventually crashed at 5am having not even touched a drop of alcohol. =) Lol.

So that's me up to date. Can't be arsed uploading the photos. Way too much effort. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey glad you had an alright time. we were miserable without you this year. we missed carols in the domain which is a must for our 1st xmas back together. xmas was good. and new years was fun. at angs housei left and went to a party with mick and stayed up all night drinking. the fireworks were ok. i think we think they are lame but i hear they are one of the best in the world so i can only imagine how crap USA was. we had a coathanger on the bridge, i know sooooo lame. apparently we call the bridge the coathanger but i hae never heard it before then. we also had a diamond for the diamond anniversary. the weather was soo good. it was not at all hot like last year and it was ment to rain new years but didnt till mon and it didnt rain in newy so i was sweet. heaps of rain over the dam apparently so that is good news. love ya.

Anonymous said...

geeze kid you're making me feel really old.i dddn't realise thst not being able to walk upstairs was a sign of old age lol.
thanks very much for your photo; it's onde of the ones i like best of you in the usa.
the fireworks i thought were not quite up to scratch this year the red oaathanger was of course paying lip service to the americans since they are the only people i know who have ever called the bridge by that name.
anyway i am glad that you could spend some time with lara.sorry to hear about your crappy new year's eve. it reminded me of the time we decided to spend the 4th of july in boise idaho bad mistake.
a gappy new tear to you too dear saeah from the 3 of us.
jackie somerville