Wednesday, January 17, 2007

YAY!!!!!

Hooray!!! What a wonderful way to begin the day. Woke up ridiculously early because now I have to in order to ensure Sarah is ready for school. GRRRRRRRR. Anyway, woke up early and remembered that uni offers come out today.

Ok, I'm lying. It's been the only thing I could think about for a week. That, and how much I hate everyone right now. ;)

So I logged on and through lids that would not open discover:
You have received an offer to:
Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Arts University of Newcastle (Calaghan campus)

Woohoo!!!! I'm so excited. It means I have to move, but that's ok - Heya Em!!! Look who's coming to visit!!!

So the new system's fantastic. Who'da thunk you could do everything online these days? Like, I know in 2002 we applied online and could view our offers online, but we had to accept through the post, and then if we want to defer we had to do it on a seperate letter. But I just did everything online this morning. I've accepted and deferred til next year. I almost don't want to wait, and just want to start right now! But, I have loads to do before then.

Oh, and because of the course, I can choose to do either secondary English teaching or Primary education. =)

So that's my exciting news.

In not so exciting news, I had my first Brit Lit class last night. I think I'm going to see if I can change to something else. It was soooo boring, and the amount of assessments the teacher's expecting is insane. I didn't do this many at uni, for Chrissakes!!! Plus, the major novel we're reading is Jane Eyre, and I read that for Women's Lit last semester.

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I'll see what my options are today.

Cheers!

6 comments:

hookeymonster said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I am super dooper excited for you! Not only did you get an offer (I knew you would!) but you got the one you didn't think you would!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats are in order here dear sarah.
so we won't see much of you after your return to sydney, but that will not matter because you will be doing exactly what you wanted.i think this is a very exciting time for you and i am so pleased.
kind regards
jackie

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo for you!!! Congrats chickie, I'm so happy for you.... but not for me, you're freaking leaving me AGAIN!!!! At least it's Newcastle and not Bathurst or some equally far away place with nothing to do. GO YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yay team sarah!!
congratulations!

Anonymous said...

hey rach this gives you more excuses to visit newy and go to newy beach with us. ohhh and the races. im soooo excited.