Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Flying Solo

So Jonas, understandably, has decided there's no point flying all this way and spending all that money just for one week's vacation, and as such, has decided not to come. It's not a surprise. I've been waiting for the call since Daniel said he couldn't come because the police force wouldn't let him do his course by correspondence.

Now I just have to figure out what to do by myself for a week. I still want to go to New York. I'll talk to nan tonight and see whether she still wants me to go to Toronto to visit our family friends. I wouldn't mind doing that still, because it would be nice to see them all, it's just that I don't really know them, and I know nan wanted the boys to visit them aswell.

Last week I worked 44 hrs and 15 mins, not including the time I spent doing laundry. After that I was just so tired that I decided to have a lazy weekend and just hung out with Kelly and scrapbooked. Next week she leaves to go on a little vacation and then she's off back home to Melbourne.

118 days to go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

come home. your miserable... tell them you are taking you holidays and just dont go back .... lol that will teach them not to mess with you.

Anonymous said...

hun, you have to stick up for yourself. talk to your cultural care person i dont think that having then talk to your family can really hurt, after all that is what they do. no-one should have to work over 40 hours a week, and include the washing, because if it isn't yours, then it counts. besides... how much worse can it get? you have 4 months left, its not to late to change families. as for holidays alone, one word: contiki.

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

Bugger, sorry to hear that! Well, I do hope you have a nice vacation anyway. If I were you, I would do NYC...maybe stay at a youth hostel or something like that, it'll be worth it, even if you are by yourself, to go. Nice to just relax and do your own thing. Australia Day on Friday! WOOHOO!

Much Love! xo

Sarah said...

I'd love to do a contiki, but since I only have one week off, I don't have the time or money to do one.

Anonymous said...

they suck. take 2 weeks anyway.