Monday, January 29, 2007

Wooooh- saaaaaaaah

So, I've pretty much resigned myself to staying here. It was touch and go last week. It was the first time I've been terribly unhappy and upset and haven't been able to blame it on PMS. I'm unhappy with the whole situation, generally, and I know it won't get any better.

I wanted to talk to Frances about how much I'd worked the week before (44 hrs, 15 mins, not including time spent doing laundry), but it didn't seem right when I only worked 28hrs last week, not including laundry time. Today though, Sarah was home sick from school, so I worked exactly 12 hours. I'm not sure if she's home tomorrow as well, but if she is I'll have a chat to Frances about how many hours I'm working tomorrow night, and if she can come home earlier when the kids are off school or sick.

The way I see it, it's four months. All I keep thinking about is Germany and seeing Lara again and then coming HOME. I'm taking things one week at a time. I was going to take it one day at a time, but it seemed to make the days go longer. I can't say I'm thrilled with the whole prospect, but at least this way, when I go home, I can at least say I made it to a year.

Also, I have a possible New York buddy, which is good, so I won't be alone the entire time I'm there.

So, this weekend that just passed, Frances and the kids went to Wisconsin for winter camp. I was invited but it was Kelly's farewell dinner. :(



After her dinner I met up with some of the Brazillian girls for drinks at a cocktail lounge near home.

Saturday I held a pavlova get-together at my place. =) It was pretty good. It was nice to just not have the family around and be surrounded by people that don't make me miserable. Oh, and the pav turned out excellently and lasted about 2 seconds.



I wanted to hire The Castle, but they didn't have it here. So it was a toss between Ned Kelly and The Dish, and in the end it was The Dish, cos Ned Kelly didn't work. Grrr!! But yeah, it was a nice night.

The next day I saw Kelly for possibly the last time - in the US (she's from Melbourne). I had a bunch of girls over and we were watching a movie/scrapbooking and she came over to give me some of the stuff she doesn't need/can't fit in her luggage. :)

So yeah, that was my weekend. It was nice. I even though it should have been awesome, I really can't work up the enthusiam for it too much.

Oh, and my shoulders hurt from shovelling snow this arvo - and it wasn't even much snow!! Like, just 2 cm or something. Maybe it was a heavy shovel... or maybe I need to pay a visit to a gym...

I hope Sarah's not off school tomorrow. :( I just want to go to the library and read the stuff I need to for tomorrow's class in peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh so who is the secret NY buddy you mentioned. have a great time in new york and dont let any of the past few months bring you down while you have holidays. pretend you just left AUS and went to NY for a week. you are not even allowed to think about the family. love ya sweetie, cant wait fory ou to come home.

Sarah said...

Haha. My friend Jemma. She's from Newy too!

Anonymous said...

Heyyy Girly, this is Dusty from the curvychicks.com website and I am reading your blog. I experienced similar things with my host family, if you ever need to talk send me a message on the site.

Talk to you soon

Dusty

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

hey dude,
well, glad to hear you are off on a vacation. so nice to just get away from the fam fam!!

take care,
rhea