Monday, January 08, 2007

:'(

Lara's gone and I miss her already. Her plane took off about half an hour ago and she's on her way to Frankfurt, via a four hour layover in Detroit (random, I know. Airlines are weird). It's all for the best though because her situation here was making her miserable. I'm just selfish by being sad. ;)

BUT, all is not lost. I'm planning a little detour myself before I go home- GERMANY. Yup. Can't afford it, but can't be arsed waiting til... oh, 2014, which is the soonest I can imagine me being able to actually afford it. =) I shall be going there for a month so I'll be home at the end of June.

Now I just have to start saving. Not that the last week has been any help. We ended up seeing the following movies:
-Blood Diamond
-Night at the Museum
-The Pursuit of Happyness
-Borat (finally)
-We Are Marshall

3 out of 5 films were absolute tear-jerkers. Loved all of them, although, We Are Marshall kind of freaked me out with the obsession this town had with their football team. Like, it was all they had, and when the plane crashed and killed the whole team, the town basically died right there with it. Nuts.

But yeah. I've spent way too much money this week. Shall have to recuperate for the next few weeks.

Love you Lara!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

brian and i did go to see borat and we hated it. maybe we are too old but wee thought it was way over the top and not really funny at all. of all the movies you have mentioned i think i might like the one wuth ted danson the best.
why do you want to go to germany more than say france or italy for instance.anyway lots of luck with your savings,
kind regards
jackie

Sarah said...

I'm only going to Germany to visit Lara and her family. :) Otherwise I probably would never have chosen to go there by itself.

I thought Borat was so funny! Except for the naked bits which made me want to throw up.

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

omg, i was so going to leave you a comment yesterday, but it wouldnt let me!! well, im sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit sad now that lara has gone, but it will get better...i feel even worse now for leaving jenny!

how good was night at the museum?! loved it. i wanna see charlottes webb and blood diamond next.

anyway, hope you are feeling a bit better!

much love

Lara said...

hello i am sorry that i left you behind, but it is great to know that you are really going to visit me, although you wouldn't go when I wouldn't live here hahaha
I am missing you! all the things I did with you I can't do with someone here, that is so bad, but I am trying my best that you will enjoy it here, although your friend wants you to see France or Italy! Hey, french people are idiots :-) talk to you soon, and don't be sad, alright? five months to go!! Woohoo
Love Lara

Anonymous said...

ewww I saw borat and the naked bts were like ewww. it went on for too long omg i was like the only person who didn't laugh in the whole cinema.


btw its mary