Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Slump

I'm stuck. I'm down and I seem to be unable to get up. I'm not sure if this is temporary or permanent. How does one tell? If it's temporary, then I can't see the end. If it's permanent, but I treat it as temporary, then I'll be waiting and waiting for it to get better, but it won't.

I wrote to Nicole, the former au pair, today about how I'm feeling at the moment and she said:

"nothing has changed. NOTHING! OMG i feel so bad for you sarah! i cant explain how bad i feel ... because i knew exactly whats going on and sometimes i thought i should have warned you *laugh* but then i thought it might just be me who feels that way about the kids, the parents etc. but when i read your blogs i had the feeling that was me who posted that. seriously!!!!"

I feel a bit better knowing that it's not just me. Actually, I feel A LOT better knowing that, because that's been one of the tough things, thinking that out of all these au pairs they've had, I'm the only one with problems.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well sarah it's no good to see you down in the dumps again. so try to take 2 weeks off anyway by hook or by crook because these people are really exploiting you.
i do hope you can make it to NYC as it would be quite nice for you.
i will be in japan for a wreek from tomorrow so i am looking forward to reading your blog when i return.
all the best and kind regards.
jackie

Anonymous said...

Isnt there someone you can report thenm too so that they cant get anymore aupairs? They are totally exploiting the system and have been for years by the looks of it! and sarah i know u dont want to quit but i really think u should seriously consider comming home. what u have been writing latley is making me worried about ur health, physically, emotionally and mentally. i really dont think u should stay. even if u stay and just move to another family, you really need to get out of the situation and soon!

Anonymous said...

I think the best thing you can do is make sure YOU warn the next au pair. give her this blog to read, so she knows to stick up to them when they try it on her. dont let this experience be for nothing.

Anonymous said...

Sarah just remember, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. You will be leaving soon! It's already the end of January, then in a few months you can kiss this horrible family goodbye! And you'll be in GERMANY! It'll go faster than you think. Time always does. I'm sad to hear you are feeling so down. Here is a massive e-hug for you! (((((())))))))))