Saturday, April 28, 2007

Art Institute of Chicago



Each museum has a day where entry is free, so Tuesday I went to the Art Institute. I don't know why I've waited so long! It was just fantastic.


I was lucky because they have an exhibit that ends in a week or two called "Chezzane to Picasso: Ambroise Vollard, Patron of the Avant-Garde" so I was able to see that, and it was lovely.


Mostly I was just shocked that they have so many famous artworks in that gallery! I'm just going to post photos of my favourite paintings, and some that I just took because they're famous.


Monet:










American Gothic, Grant Wood:






Georgia O'Keefe:



Two Sisters (on the terrace), Renoir:




Here's some that I've forgotten the names of and their artists (I've got it all written down somewhere). I just really liked them:







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god those paintings are like way famous!hehe i like the pic from the desperate housewives start! Thats soo cool u got to see all those paintings, i remember studing heaps of them at school in art!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to have found out that I mixed up my comments, but of course you would have realised that. Anyway to continue mixing them up,I do like the 4 seasons of Chagall too. The Renoir is so beautiful like everything he painted.
It has been a great time for you & I am so glad that you could see all this.
Kind regards.
Jackie.