Monday, April 30, 2007

All kinds of STUPID

So, Judith and I managed to have our big movies, pizza and drinks night on Saturday because her host mum was out of town and we were both free for once.

Here's where the "all kinds of stupid" part comes in.

We go to the supermarket to buy some alcohol, and because Judith's only 19, I buy it, obviously. Judith was just standing near the door waiting. So they ask to see my ID, then ASK TO SEE JUDITH'S!!! They refused to sell it to us because she didn't have her ID on her. I was just laughing in a "what a stupid country" type of way and we went to find a liquor store. But, I mean REALLY! I've gone shopping for alcohol back home and haven't had everyone with me questioned for their ID. It's bad enough that you have to be 21 here to drink, but to refuse to sell me alcohol because someone with me is under 21?? What if that was my sister and I was just hanging out with her? Sure, she's blonde and German - don't judge my family!!!

So yes, that was Saturday night. Saturday day was Jack's First Communion and John's family flew in from Pittsburgh and Frances' mum came down from Wisconsin. It was fun. Those of you I sent photos to, sorry about the size. I was just going to send them to Frances and John so they could print them (and that's the size the camera takes them at) so I thought I've loaded these buggers up, why don't I just add more email addresses. So I did. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats in getting the ticket to Oprah...After all, you are leaving in less than 3 weeks! It was nice that you could see the whole fsmily before you came back.
Kind regards.
Jackie.

Anonymous said...

hehe well they were rather HUGE!!! so i just scrolled through and looked at u in each pic! haha! and i must say the first thing i thought when i sawe the pic was how great ur hair looks! silly i know, but man it looks HOT!!!

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

haha, dont you hate that. it happened to me too when i was there. renata, the chick that lived with me in the apartment off the house, was buying some alcohol for all of us and her boyfriend told me to wait outside...so i did, then they asked for ID and mine, i didnt have it and they said that they wouldnt serve them cos of me...so effing stupid!

Anonymous said...

so this alcohlo thing happened to a friend of mine years ago when she was 17. all her friends went to get alcohol and she stayed in the car. they had parked near the door and the refused to sell them alcohol cause the person in the car was under age.. they said it was one of their sisters but they still wouldnt sell it. they had to drop her off down the road and come back for it... weird hey. apparently they dont sell it if they think you will supply to under age people. or they get fined or something...

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha "don't judge my family!" ahh sarah you crack me up!

OMG NOT LONG NOW!!! I am totally PSYCHED about you coming home. Can you believe it has been a year. A whole effing year!! I remember your goodbye party at your house where we played board games and I was 2 hours late and got lost in Kenthurst.

Thai food here we come!