Wednesday, May 02, 2007

SHITE

So, I've started packing, and all I can say is SHIT. I threw out A TONNE of clothes, and I've packed all the clothes that I'm sure I won't wear in the next 20 days (YES! 20 DAYS!), plus half the souvenirs I've bought for people. I realised as I was packing that I bought very few for myself, which I'm happy about. I decided soon after getting here that I'd buy a magnet from each place I go, and I've managed to do it so far, except for Pittsburgh, cos I couldn't find any I liked. ;)

So yes, the packing. The suitcase I packed is 46.4 pounds. The max for the American Airlines flight to SFO is 50pounds per bag. So that's all I can do for that one. The other bag is smaller, and somehow I'm going to have to try and fit all my shoes in, plus everything else.... EEK! Even after throwing some shoes out, I'm still left with 8 pairs to pack (already packed the ughs). I don't want to even THINK about my scrapbooking stuff....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah we all have the same problem whenever we travel... always too many things to pack and never enough room to pack it in. So we would all sympathise with you. Anyway do not throw out what you think you could still use, you could always send it as unaccompanied luggage in a box or something & it should come in the same plane as you,so that you could retrieve it at Mascot after you arrive. It does sound funny to write about your arrival back home ...
Kind regards.
Jackie.

Sarah said...

I wish I could do that, but I'm flying to San Francisco first so I'd have to pay for two legs.

Anonymous said...

hahaha oh my god sarah that is too funny!
hey i have an idea, at least for ur scrapbooking stuff, u could post it back here? at least that takes care of some of the stuff!