Thursday, May 03, 2007

OPRAH IS MY GOD!!!!



So, it's 9pm, I left the Oprah Show at 10am and I'm still riding on the high I got from being there. =)

It was AWESOME!

I had to leave at 5:30am (argh - apparently it's a real time - WTF?) to drive Judith and I downtown because we were worried about traffic. We got there really easily though and had time for Starbucks before we went in. We started lining up at about quarter to 7 and sat in the waiting room eating some "brunch biscuits", which turned out to be part of the show. They were actually quite good. Then we went into the stupio at about 8:30 and found out it would be a LIVE SHOW!!! Not only that but CARLSON KRESSLEY from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and some lady from the Food Network over here were going to be on the show!!!!!!!


So yes, to say I was excited was an understatement. Here's the show's premise stolen from the Oprah website:

In February 2007, Oprah teamed up with QVC, the world's largest televised shopping network, and launched her search for the next big idea.Over the next three months, more than 6,000 innovative men and women traveled to conventions in Chicago, Los Angeles and Philadelphia to pitch their products.The inventors may have shared a common dream, but every idea was unique. The QVC judges saw everything from inventive ideas for the home—like a backyard breeze ceiling fan mister—to luxuries for the loo.Entrants had just 10 minutes to convince the judges that their ideas were best-sellers, but only eight could move on to the final round!Now, the final decision rests in the hands of Oprah's audience. To help them pick a winner, Oprah has brought in two celebrity judges who aren't afraid to speak their minds!

So yes. We saw all the products, then voted at the end.

Oprah looked awesome!


I totally heart her!

Those pics weren't mine cos our cell phones and cameras were taken out of our bags and checked in security, which is tighter than an airport!

Oh! And at the end, we were given $100 gift cards to QVC!!! Whoohooo! I've already spent $70 of mine. ;) On Smashbox cosmetics. There's not much else on there that I like. Hey, free's free!

So yeah, it was just awesome! And surreal. I just am SO HAPPY I managed to go there before I leave. Hell, I'm happy I managed to go there before I die!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG i am soooooooo jealous that u got to see carson!!! he is my fave! hehe was he really funny??? we so have to find out when that episode airs here so we can se it! and U on it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I expect the show on which you appear will not be shown in Sydney for a while yet which means that you might see yourself all over again after you come back & won't that be fun! Please let us know when it will be shown here. It would have been such a great day for you,albeit a very long one...
Kind regards.
Jackie.

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!