Friday, October 20, 2006

Hmmm

So, I didn't sort out anything from last week, just talked to a whole bunch of people and got a lot of advice.

Thanks to everyone that emailed me or commented me to see what was up. I dunno... I think it's really telling about who actually did try to find out what was wrong with me and why I was upset. There are a lot of people (actually, it's not really a lot if I think about it, just a select few) that have been really lax on keeping in contact with me while I'm over here. Think about it: I have to keep in contact with about 20-odd people. You have ONE. That one's been grating on my nerves for the last, oh, 3 months. I don't even think the people that's aimed at will get it. And I hope I don't worry those of you that actually had made an effort with me, even when sometimes I take awhile to respond to your emails or messages.

So anyway, this week has been better. No real confrontations or anything like that.

Except last night Lara and I met after my class. She was in tears and had been crying all afternoon. She's pretty sure she's going to leave because EDIT EDIT EDIT (paranoia- who knows?). Hopefully things can get sorted, if not she'll be gone. :( And I'll be so incredibly sad. She's seriously my best friend here. Hell, I'll count her on the list of the great friends I've had in my life. If she goes I'll be all alone. :( I have other friends here, but she's the one that I turn to for everything.

On brighter news, tomorrow's the Cultural Care Halloween party. I'm going dressed up 80s style. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very pleassd that things are looking up for you, except for the Lara episode of course. I was wondering if maybe you could exchange families with Lara but maybe you shouldn't even try if the mother is nasty towards the sitters; at least where you are now the mother is OK!
Thank you veey much for always remembering me when you talk to your mum. It's very kind of you.
Life can be very hard sometimes or at least that's what it feels like at the time, but you'll need a lot of resilience and then you'll find that it's actually not too bad at all.
Kind regards.
Jackie.

Anonymous said...

Dad Gleeson says HI and apologises for saying hi earlier OOPS. Had a call from Emma today and got all the news. Tells me you might struggle with the cold !! Perhaps you might suggest that your hosts have a holiday in Florida LOL Miss seeing you around here and miss those nice cuddles you always have for me. Here are a few for you OOOO Keep on doing the best you can, we all know that you a very competant lady. Keep smiling cheers XX

Anonymous said...

hey sarah im glad u have had a better week, and i really really hope that ur friend lara doesnt leave, i think u both need each other at the moment for support and im glad u ahve found such a good friend while u are over there to help u get through the tough times (and also to spend the good times with too!). is lara able to swich to another family? its stupid the mum is being horrible to her, i mean doesnt she want an aupair? does she want to drive her away? maybe she does but if that is the case she shouldnt have applied for an aupair in the first place! anyway i hope thing work out for her so u two can still have her around. lots of love :) Meaks.
P.S im soooo jelous u get to go to a holloween party!