Monday, October 09, 2006

Wisconsin, The Fray, Aqualung

So yesterday was our road trip to Wisconsin. Lara came to my house, then I drove over to Patty's place and collected Patty and Andrea (a new au pair who also happens to be Patty's next-door neighbour).

First stop: Gurnee to pick up Kelly. I left my car at her place and she drove us to Wisconsin. She lives only 40 mins from Milwaukee!! I didn't realise (is that spelt correctly? I'm so confused by the z or s. I think I've been here to long) that she lives so close to the state border- like 10 minutes. I feel bad for all the times she's come out here to visit me. What a trooper!

So Milwaukee is pretty plain, as far as cities go. It's quite flat too. If you can see it clearly, that's a "reflection" of a building painted onto the side of another building. Lol. They've tried to create some artificial depth to the city. I thought it was pretty funny.

We didn't really spend much time there. Just stayed in a mall downtown, ate some lunch/dinner and grabbed a coffee.

We went to the concert about 2 hours early cos it was general admission. We would have gotten some really good places, but Lara and I wanted to buy some band shirts and they didn't take credit, so we had to go outside to get to the ATM and then line up again to go through the security search. Andrea hadn't bought a ticket (her's was a last minute decision to come) and we thought we could get her a ticket from a scalper or something cos it was sold out. Nup. So Patty decided to sell her ticket and go to a bar with Andrea and met up with one of her friends. That was cool. So Lara and I went to the concert.

Here's us waiting. Lol. That's Kelly in the middle. She's an Aussie, and she's the one who was a fan of The Fray. Lara and I only knew two of their songs from the radio.







Where we were standing was OK. Except during the supporting act, Aqualung, there with this really tall guy with a white man's fro (think rachel's brother's old hair, but on a bigger head). Not happy Jan. At least it didn't ruin my view of the hot guy from that group. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's the hot guy. Lol!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's the lead singer. We hadn't even heard of this group, but their music was pretty good. I dunno. After awhile it started to all sound the same, and our feet hurt from standing in the one position for so long, and we just wanted The Fray to start. Their last song was Brighter Than Sunshine, and I was shocked I actually knew it. I think it must've been on The OC or something.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Fray were really good. As I said, I only knew the songs from the radio, and I thought they were OK. But that was it. I just went cos I wanted to go to a concert. ;) But watching them live was fantastic. I have to go out and buy their CD. Or at least borrow it from the library and burn the bugger. ;) Hehehe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Unfortch, my pics of the hot guy from this band didn't turn out very well, but you can sort of make him out on these: he's the guy on the left with the guitar.


This weekend was actually really fun with road trips both days. =) I also went to another state apart from Wisconsin, but that's for my next post.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes you did spell it correctly (once a teacher, always a teacher) It appears that you've been having quite a good time lately which is great. That girl Kelly seems really nice.Is she from Sydney?
Can't wait to find out where else you went. In the meantime, kind regards.
Jackie