Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Things I love!

Ok. So I thought I'd compile a list of things that I have fallen in love with since I got here. It's a continual work in progress because I keep discovering new things.

Old Navy: This store is a godsend for me! It's cheap but trendy. I can't think of anything to compare it with back home... Maybe like Jeans West or Jay Jays, but cheaper, and with better stuff.

Goober's PB&J: Mum used to buy this stuff for Daniel and I when we were little and I've always loved it. Then, when I was about 6, the stopped selling it in the supermarkets. The day we ran out of our last jar was a sad day indeed. So how happy was I when I decided to have a peek through the peanut butter aisle and be greeted by the most beautiful sight of the Goober's jar, just as I remember it.

Hot Topic: Fun store with fun stuff. I've actually spent A LOT of money there, but hardly any of it's been on me. :P Darn you people I have to buy presents for! But I did buy this Hello Kitty top, and a few other bits and pieces there for myself.

Starbucks: This is basically where Lara and I hang out on weeknights, weekends, whenever. We live in there, chatting over our venti lattes, bitching and moaning about whatever.

Woodfield Mall: This is only about 20 mins away from us here and apparently used to be the biggest mall in the country, before the Mall of America was built. Compared to say, Parramatta, it's not that big. I mean, it'd take a big chunk of your day to get through, and it's HELL confusing, but considering that most malls are outdoor or strip malls, then this is a biggun.

Cheesecake Factory: Two words: Yummy Yummy!!!! Seriously, words cannot describe just how good this place is. They always give you too much food, so you doggie-bag it and have food for the rest of the week, and then you make way for the CHEESECAKE!!! Mmmm, I'm hungry just thinking of it!

Victoria's Secret: What can I say? I love it! The underwear's expensive though, so I don't shop there all the time, but they sell Pout, my fave makeup, and my eyeliner which cost $43 at home is only $18 here!!! Woot!

Sephora: Great makeup range. My fave brand they carry is Stilla. Bought my foundation there.

Torrid: Clothes that actually FIT me. Lol. I like it cos I'm a size 0 there. Deluding yourself is fun :P

Hallmark Store: Dude, they have a chain of stores that are huge and sell every Hallmark card imaginable. Hell, there are even, "Sorry about your divorce" cards!

Barnes & Noble: I went in there recently to buy a book for my class and came out 2 hours later with more than I really needed...

Panera Bread: We usually eat here cos it's cheap, and it's YUM! I get the "You Pick Two" deal, where for $6.55 you get half a sandwich (I get the hot sandwiches so it's only a quarter, but it's BIG) or soup or salad, and you choose two of those. I get the sandwich and salad. You also get a bit of bread or an apple as a side.

Deep Dish Pizza: This stuff ends up being really cheap because one slice is a meal in itself. Mmmmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chuckle chuckle, corry about ur divorce cards! hehe too funny! man i can soo believe it about the food being huge and cheep! u know what they say, everythings bigger in america! no wonder they have such an obesity prob! and i have to add that i am very jelous about all the cool but cheep shops u are finding! love ya!

Anonymous said...

well sar dont go forgrtting all the cool shops here in aus. you need to buy me stuff from all these places so i can judge for myself. lol. glad you found something thats makes you smile ovr there. love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey why would you say sorry to someone who just got a divorec? They might be more than happy to finally be rid of their spouse ( at least one of them should be, anyway you might know the other one I suppose)
You have a very extensive list there Sarah. I remember the Old Navy store very well It was always very good value for monry.
Kind regards.
Jackie