Thursday, November 02, 2006

Argh! Frustrating!

J was annoying me so much this morning. He spent ages putting his shoes on. First he was mucking about with them on his hands and sliding around the floor, then he spent 10 minutes putting them on. ARGH! So bloody frustrating! And he kept saying "You do it" and any other day I would have but yesterday I read chapter 3 of the parenting handbook (more on this later) and it talked about encouraging children by allowing them to do things themselves rather than doing it for them, which gives them the idea of being an underachiever, or something like that. Whatevs.

Then, because it's -3degC outside (but apparently feels like -7, according to weather.com), F told me to put him in a particular puffy coat with gloves and beanie. So I put him in it, and by this time he was in a bad mood having had to spend all that time putting his shoes on, and all this other stuff that he was complaining about how the coat was too thick, blah blah blah, and he threw his gloves off. Anyway, long story short, I got the shits, told him only babies act that way (I wonder what the parenting handbook would say about that?) and he ended up being totally late. I also told him that I will no longer be getting up early to make him a hot breakfast tomorrow morning because his attitude wasn't worth the effort for me, and he wouldn't be watching any TV today. Then he's like, "I want to call my mom" and I said that if he wasn't late I'd let him, and I showed him the note his mum left me instructing me to put him in that coat.

Little shit.

So yeah. That was my morning.

And now I'm on here typing instead of getting ready to go to this parenting class. Not in the mood. It's actually J-dad's class that he's been taking the past 2 weeks but he can't make this one so he's asked me to go. I don't want to. I have so much reading to do for college tonight, but I can't exactly say no. Plus, it's all going to be real parents there so I won't have any fun. And I have to watch what I say because I won't be able to say certain things because it'll probably get back to J-dad.

Please make Friday come sooner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a difficult case isn't he? He must know that his father will support him wholeheartedly and yet he calls for his mum when he gets into trouble, but maybe that's because he knew that his dad was gone already... Anyway, why cxouldn't the mum go the lecture? It would have been a lot bettter than asking you, but maybe she is still at work when it szarts. It seems to me that the parents are far too busy making money rather than look after their children properly, but again this maybe the great American way of behaving, I wouldn't know. All I can see is that you are always the meat in the sandwich, and that can't be much fun for you. So yes it will be nice when you'll be finished with them...
Kind regards
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Parenting School? Do we have that here? Random. And why send you to the class when its obvious that its the dad that needs the parenting lessons. Happy thoughts Sarah ...... 15 more days til PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a little tyrant. "I wanna call my mom." because if he sucks up to her he'll get his way. Kids are stupid. I'm never having any.

The dad sounds like an ass. Maybe on your last ever day tell him to f**k himself? I would. haha.

I haven't asked Lauren what dates we're going to be in Paris but I'm seeing her tonight so I will get back to you!!

You have our support Sarah and know you are right!