Monday, March 05, 2007

Another dull weekend in the land of Sarah

So this weekend was a bit of a nothing.

Saturday... well, I didn't end up working 8 hours. I worked 4, and it actually annoyed me more than if I'd worked 8.

Long story short, at about 3pm I called Frances to check what time she'd be home so I could make arrangements to do something in the evening and I got her voicemail. At four she called me back to say that, oh, Sarah's going to actually look after Jack in the evening, and she can start now.

Um.... WHAT????? They couldn't tell me this earlier and let me make some plans? My day was ruined because I had to work 4 hours in the middle of the day. I woke up super early so Judith and I could go to a yummy pancake house for brekkie (just so I'd be doing something that day), then I find out that I could've saved myself the hassle and stayed in bed. GRRRR.

Also, Sarah was home all day, so why didn't they just get her to look after Jack?

Whatever. I have to move on.

Went out to dinner that night with Miriam, her brother and Natalia, so the day was kind of saved.

I was going to go downtown on Sunday but I couldn't find anyone to go with, and I really only wanted to go because I've just found out about this store that sells all kinds of haircare, makeup and skincare and I want to check it out because I've been looking for Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray since I got here and I've discovered they seem to be the only store that stocks it. I'll go next weekend though. Sunday I ended up going to see Zodiac with Judith (mmmm, Jakey) which was good but hell long, then went bowling for our au pair meeting, then went to Panera with Judith and Dorothy.

So that was my weekend. Pretty dull, but I'll deal. Next weekend I need to try and fit in a whole bunch of things. =)

No comments: