Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Woops!

Erm... so, I accidentally told you all the wrong date that I'll be coming home (**dodges flying fruit from Emma's direction**) but believe me - it wasn't intentional!! I just got confused with the international dateline and all and created an extra day or something.

Why do I know I got the date wrong??

Today I booked my flight home!!!!!

Hoorah!!!

Here's the flight details:

I T I N E R A R Y :
DATE: Tuesday, May 22, 2007
DEPART: San Francisco, CA (SFO) 08:35 AM
ARRIVE: Oahu - Honolulu (HNL) 10:40 AM
CLASS/ROUTE: Coach/Nonstop
FLIGHT: HA11

DATE: Tuesday, May 22, 2007
DEPART: Oahu - Honolulu (HNL) 12:30 PM
ARRIVE: Sydney, Australia (SYD) 06:55 PM (May 23)
CLASS/ROUTE: Coach/Nonstop
FLIGHT: HA451

**dances jig**

I'm so excited!!! I just thought to myself, you know, SFO is close to Australia; maybe I should look up how much a flight from there would set me back. Turns out it's a lot less than the deposit I paid to come here, so I not only have my flight home booked, but I will also be getting my deposit back and have about $100 left to spare!!! Bloody Cultural Care trying to rip me off.

So now I'm just saving up some more money for the flight from O'Hare to SFO - I've got $140 of it, just need $50 more (stupid $30 in taxes - honestly, the taxes on a flight from Chicago to San Fran are the same as the taxes from San Fran to Syd. How does that work?????).

So share the happiness with me - it's all happening!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I'm soo excited you're coming home!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and deep breath. ahhhhh...

Anonymous said...

We are getting to be a real third world country with all the taxes we are adding on to every airline ticket! It's actually quite embarrassing, but not for our great federal government which will always find new ways to rip us off. Anyway do save as much as you can and enjoy yourself in San Francisco; you might even see a little bit of Honolulu, especially if you have a window seat on the plane.
Kind regards.
Jackie.

Anonymous said...

you are in sooo much trouble missy........
i took thursday and fri off work and i cant take wed too. i will try to leave early but i doubt it. if your flight was 1 hr later it would be ok but i have 2.5hrs from the time i finish work to the time your flight lands. it will take so much longer then that to get to the airport. you are going to get me killed for all the speeding i will have t do , your lucky your moving to newcastle or i might dis own you as a best friend.... wait that would never happen. well your lucky i love you.....

Sarah said...

I'm sorry!!! I just got really confused! Don't forget - it'll probably take about an hour to go through customs. And my flight could be delayed! It's very common over here.

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I cannot WAIT until you come! Seriously, this is the highlight of my day seeing that. Oh Sar I cna't believe it has almost been a year!! 2 more months!!! Sweet sweet sweet!!

I've got it in my diary... in RED!