Tuesday, March 20, 2007

St. Patrick's Day!

St. Pat's was lots of fun. Chicago is a little odd. It dyes the river this bright, mutant green- it's very teenage mutant ninja turtles green- so we made sure to be there to see it happen. It happened very slowly.


By the end of it the whole river was mutanty.


Here's Judith and I looking very festive:



Then afterwards there was a parade. I don't really get the point of it, mainly a lot of pollies self-promoting, but some of the floats and stuff were fun.



That's Miss St. Patrick's Day in that carriage. Lol!



Here's the group I went downtown with. L-R, back: Vera, Natalia (Columbian), Miriam, Dorothee; front: Andrea, Natalia (German), and Judith (I was taking the photo).

I met up with Jemma and Fatma and had lunch with them, then met back up with Andrea, the two Natalias and a third Natalia and went to an Irish pub downtown where I proceeded to drink much too much beer for one person (that said, any amount of beer is too much!!!). I don't have any good photos from that night but as soon as I get them from the other girls I'll post it. It was lots of fun!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photos which I wanted to see are of course the ones taken after you had drunk the seven beers (& how do you know you only had seven anyway?) Although I have a feeling that you might put some of the photos on your next post, so we can see the damage for ourselves! I also thought that you were supposed to wear something green for the occasion You only need to look at that darling Miss St.Pat's to know how to do the right thing. Why even her attendants were a mess of green!
Kind regards.
Jackie.

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

looks and sounds great! hope you are still having a good time. have they found a new nanny?? not long now...like 60 days! how exciting!

will be hearing from tok-yo(!) family tomorrow. cross my fingers.

Sarah said...

Hehehe. We were all wearing green, but it was like, -1C so we had to cover up in our parkas. ;) Yes, the drunken photos will come later.

Oh, and Rhea - which Tokyo family?????????????????

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

OMG! I havent told you!! Wow...I kinda got offered a job in Tokyo working with an American family with 3 kids. I have been "pre-matched" now I we just have to have the phone interview and it will go from there. So, I am crossing my fingers!

The will pay for my flight, my japanese lessons, 7 bedroom house, holiday twice a year in the US, spend the month of July in the UK (I go with them on both of course), plus beach holidays annnd...only 25hrs PER WEEK. Lovely.

If I get the job and we both accept, then I leave at the beginning of September. I so hope I get it!

Sarah said...

OMG Rhea, have I told you how much I hate you?!!! LOL!!! Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

Haha, no...but now I know! :P

Well, if you ever need or want to do more nanny work (nannies/mothers help work 35-45hrs p/week, au pairs only work 25hrs p/week max) the agency Angels International is based in London, but is pretty much all over the world. It's free...you just have to pay for your airfares basically.

Still havent heard back...so hoping I get something emailed tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

oh my god i cant believe they dyed the river green! and miss st patrick?? wtf?? haha anyway im glad u had a fab day! man i cant believe u has 7 beers?? thats soo gross!!!! cant wait to see the photos :P! love u long time! xxoo