Friday, June 30, 2006

4th July preparations

So, at the beginning of this week I noticed something. No, it wasn't the lack of comments people have left me (thanks guys, no really, thanks), it was the decorations popping up on people's houses: flags (though most of them were already there), little cloth banners in red, white and blue among other things.

On Tuesday I woke up to find red, white and blue wreaths on the front and back doors, the cloth banner things and little flags stuck in the lawn. We also put up r,w&b fairy lights! They actually make these!!

At the park down the street they've basically got this huge carnival starting tonight that goes until the 4th when there's a parade and stuff.

I don't know what to think. I mean, it's great that people love their country and all, but they just go all out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey im leaving u a comment just to prove how much i still love u k!

oh my god i totally forgot about the 4th of july! how cool is that u get to celebrate a 4th of july! how fun! i mean really u get to celebrate ALL the great things about america lol. How exciting.

Anonymous said...

ok nicole, as she is aussie she would rather not celebrate the "great" country of america. i mean she should have her aussie flag out and celebrate the fact that she is not american. lucky her. OMG sar next jan you should totally celebrate aussie day and make a big deal of it. that would be great

Sarah said...

That's so true! I should have a party. I'm sure the family would approve. Though we couldn't have a BBQ or picnic because it will be freezing and snowing. Lol. So weird.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah
I have managed to download all of your photos& I think it's great to show us so many different aspects of your life in the USA.
Keep enjoying yourself. I love the chandelier in your bathroom; ah well there will have to be some things you will miss after
you complete your stay in Chicago! Regards from Jackie S.

Anonymous said...

You should make some signs that say "America sucks" and see how many people try to hurt you.. and post pictures of you being chased down a street by crazy hicks with pitchforks

Sarah said...

OMG! Katey, you hate me, don't you :P. Lol!! I'd be WAAAAAAY too scared to even think about even mentioning something remotely America-mightnot-be-the-greatest-country-in-the-world. lol.

Anonymous said...

^^^BAHAHA!

Do it Sarah.

Anonymous said...

hey em pls note the sarcasam in my post! i would hate to have to celebrate independance day! i think aussie day is stupid enough!
but hey sarah i think u should show ur patriotism by having a bbq in the snow on jan 26!

Sarah said...

Woah! Drama DRAMA!! Hehehe. But I love Australia Day. And I'm not being sarcastic. Who wouldn't love a day off work to bum around with friends and go to BBQs.