Thursday, June 01, 2006

Au Pair Training School, NY

Can't type much... explain the flight later...
I'm having an OK time here so far. Not great, and I'll tell you why:

I'm TIRED AS. SO, SO TIRED. Remember that I missed an entire day's worth of sleep, and I haven't had a full night's sleep since then... well, apart from last night, but it still wasn't long enough seeing as I had to get up at 7 o'clock this morning... Not happy, Jan.

Also, there's only 4 of us ozzies..... AND WE CANNOT STAND ONE OF THE GIRLS. Honest to god, I cannot tell you how much she is annoying us (keeping it clean) all. And the fact that we are sleep deprived is not helping matters. She's from Toowoomba (first clue) and has the most ANNOYING laugh!!! It's embarrassing too, cos it's so loud. And she just says random things. Not cute random, but ANNNNNNNOYING random, which leaves us going WTF?? And she giggles at stupid things that aren't funny and is loud and obnoxious. And we're worried that she's making everyone think that all Australians are weird like her. And she is like that from the beginning of the day, when I'm tired and cranky. And I want to kill her.

We haven't really made any international friends because everyone here sits in groups talking whichever language they speak, which is fine, but it gets to the point where you'd feel rude walking up to people and forcing them to speak english with you. Apparently one of the rules here is that you have to speak english, but that flies out the door the moment you arrive. We speak english in the classrooms, but that's it.

AND OH, THE CLASSES!!!!!! Wow!!! These are so effing FANTASTIC. I'm so GLAD I'm here. So INFORMATIVE and NOT IN ANY WAY BORING. Did you know that it's not ok to shake a baby??? Hmm?? Yeah, that's right. Thank god they told me that!!! I'm so glad. SO GLAD. And the classes were totally designed for people that speak english as a second language. I'm bored outta my brain. There's this Swedish girl, Josefine, who sits with me, and god love her, she's exactly the same as me. Lol. She rolls her eyes at everything and shares those why-the-hell-are-we-here looks. Makes it a little more bareable.

ALSO, I learnt that SNOT is a BAD WORD!!! You can't say you have a snotty nose, you have to say you have a booger in your nose. Personally, I think booger sounds ridiculous!

So yeah.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wtf?
booger?
but that isn't the same as snot!!!
SNOT IS RUNNY AND BOOGERS ARE HARD!!!!!
just say "runny nose" or something...
snot snot snot...
hahahahahaha
oh dear...

Anonymous said...

^^ that was me

Anonymous said...

You can't shake a baby? OMG, why didnt anyone tell me!!! That is ridiculous, how old do these teachers think you are? How is New York? Seen anything? Celebrities? MISS YA.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm what's worse? shaking a baby or putting it in the dryer??? Stupid Aussies...
I miss you already sarah!
Have lots of fun in NY!
<3 Mel

Anonymous said...

hey Sarah, well i got the internet! didn't expect me huh? how's it going, missing me already?
see you next tuesday
Ang xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah
I like resding your blog very much. I do hope that you are finally your old self again, because jet lag is the worst feeling you will experience for a long time. I also enjoyed very much looking at all the photos you posted. Keep up the good work girl amd everything will be OK.
Lots of kind regards.
JAckie S.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I do not have your e-mail address.
You might like to give it to me sometime soon please. Thanks.
You really knew when to leave as the weather has been so cold here lately...
Jackie S.