Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bye Nicole!!!

So Nicole, the au pair I replaced, went home last night. *sob* It was so good with her here. The kids and I dropped her off at the airport and she cried, they cried, I cried - tears everywhere! Nicole has been so good to me since I got here. She's taken me places, introduced me to people and filled me in on everything. I think coming here would have been a lot harder if I didn't have Nicole to make the transition period a lot smoother.

So anyway, I got lost on the way home from the airport. Lol!! I'm driving along the freeway looking for this stupid exit that Mapquest told me to take, when I notice that the road we're on says I90 South, instead of North, which is the direction I'm supposed to be heading. Then S pipes up, "I think we're in downtown Chicago." Lol. So next exit I had to get off and go to the other side of the freeway in the other direction. Needless to say, it was a long drive home, and unfortunately, S missed out on her gymnastics lesson.

So today J said something gorgeous. We were walking to the library and he goes, "When I grow up, I hope I'm just like you." And after melting on the inside I asked, "What do you mean?" and he replied, "Well, you're a grown up, but you still like fun things like cartoons and Yu-gi-oh. You're cool."

He had me at Hello.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww that is so cute. what a sweetie. and sar we all know you are no good at directions. you really need me there to sit in the car and read a map!!!!! lol. missing you.

Anonymous said...

What the hell is Yu-gy-oh? Do we get it in Sydney? so maybe I could show it to Stephanie and see if she likes it... Great to see how much the kids like you already. Lucky you found out that you were going in the wrong direction when you did, otherwise you might still be trying to find your way out of the freeway. Lol indeed!

Sarah said...

Haha!

Yugioh is a Japanese cartoon and card game. More importantly it's a card game, much ike Pokemon, only CRAPPER. Seriously Jackie, don't waste your time on it. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your prompt reply Sarah.
I will forget I ever mentioned the stupid game. It must still be very hot in Chicago right now; it's still very cold here of course. Your Mum told me about your next project & I do believe that you should go for it as it would be extremely interesting .
Kind regards.
Jackie.

Anonymous said...

Awww that's so sweet of the kid!! *heartbreak*