Saturday, July 22, 2006

Chicago Part I

Seriously, Chicago is gorgeous. It really is. I went in yesterday to see another German friend from the au pair school and is here as a summer au pair. Her name is Christina and she is this teeny tiny little thing - looks about 10 but is 21. Well, she had some problems with her host family and we thought she might have to go home. Surprisingly, they were actually able to find her another host family who needed an au pair for the rest of the summer! It worked out perfectly. :) The thing is, it's in New Jersey and she's leaving on Monday. But she hadn't even been into Chicago yet! So in we went to do some things she couldn't miss. These also turned out to be things I hadn't done yet. Because I needed to be home before 7, we could only fit in two touristy activities.

First stop: SEARS TOWER! Isn't it lovely?? Before you go up to the Skydeck on the 103rd floor you have to watch a movie on the history of the building, which is fine, except it soon becomes a whole, "Mine's bigger than your's" affair, which had me doing the whole silent laugh with Christina looking at me oddly saying, "What's so funny?"

Here are a few shots from the sky deck at the gorgeous view:

For some reason, the programme I'm using won't let me post the other photos so I'll have to do it over a few posts. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kasia Piekutowska said...

Oh yes.. lovely :)
I wanted to go to the US for my 'au-pair' trip, but the 'things' are changed, and I decided to go to the UK for 12 months. I hope you have great host family and kids. Have nice day!