Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another low period...

...though I have a feeling it's just part of the one big low period. And now there's complications:

John has informed me that he and Frances will be separating, though he didn't say when, and Frances hasn't mentioned it. So now I feel that if they are, then how bad would that be on the kids: mum and dad divorcing and their au pair leaving early. I feel like I have to stay here to provide some stability, though I also know that I'll be the one dealing with their frustrations and lashing-out.

Man. I so don't need to go through another divorce right now. Part of me coming here was to escape the one I was already tangled in.

Plus, I'm sick. Stupid Sarah has given me her cold. It's just one more thing to add to my misery.

3 comments:

Rocket Shop Nanny said...

Woh, all I can say really. That must be a big blow to your low time. Feel for you.
Thinking of you, hope it doesn't turn out as bad as it seems right now.

Rhea xo

Anonymous said...

sarah please don't stay there any longer than you have to. it will not be of much help in the long run. believe me, my mother always told me never to get involved in other people's private lives because you never get thanked in the end. and divorce is such a personal matter. i know you feel for the kids as you should but since you will be leaving anyway and you have given them a date you may as wsll go when you said you would. and then you'll be able to welcome the new au pair and leave with your head high.after all we all hope that she will be a nice person too.
kind regards
jackie

Sarah said...

Oh no! I wouldn't stay any longer - til May is long enough! I just mean that even if I finally came to the decision to leave early, I just feel like I can't.