Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ducks Fly Together!

Ok, so I didn't work last night. I think John was annoyed at me, but oh well. I worked in the morning. I'm not giving away my entire Saturday - that's not allowed.

Instead I went to the ice hockey!!!! Chicago Wolves vs. Omaha Knights. I went with Judith, Miriam and her brother who is here visiting from Germania. Wolves lost 0-2. It was actually pretty boring. Like, really boring.

Also, question: do we boo the other team at sporting matches here? Because I can't remember ever having done that, and they do it all the time here, like when they first come on the ice and when they score a goal. It's not just for hockey, but for every sport - they bo the away team. I just think it's so mean! Oh, and when they see that their team has no way of winning, like when last night the Knights scored a second goal at 2 mins left in the game, everyone just starts leaving. That'd be so disenheartening (is that even a word?!) if I were a player. And no one claps at the end of the game or anything (possibly cos they've all left the stadium). I dunno. It just seems so mean! They've all tried their best and all....

Oh, and there were a few fights on the ice. It was funny when it all happened, but OW!!! It's on ice!!!

So when it was over Judith and I went outside for the car.... AND THERE WAS A BLOODY ICE STORM!!! Like, snow, but big and icey, but not hail. And the wind was blowing it everywhere and it was soooooooo painful!!! Oh my poor face! And then the wind had blown this thick sheet of ice on the windsheild and we didn't have an ice scraper in our car! I was like, OMG! What're we going to do?! So she asked the guy in the car next to ours if we could borrow his, and he let us, but I think we were too slow or incompetent for his liking and he got out of his car and did ours for us. :) It was so nice of him because it was PAINFUL to be outside. It took like an hour and a half to drive half an hour because the roads hadn't been plowed at all yet. Yuck. I was happy when we finally got home.

So that was my Saturday.

Judith and I are supposed to be going downtown today, but I'm not looking forward to it cos it's still snowing. Yuckyuckyuck!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the word u were looking for was disheartening, but yes its a word!
man that ice storm thing sounds cool! painful but cool! hehe im sorry u didnt enjoy the ice hockey game, when em rach and i went to see ems cousin play in mewcastle it was the best fun! i loved it when they all get into a big punchup and were raming into each other! it was hilarious! hehe anyway glad u didnt have to work!
love u long time! meaks xxoo

Anonymous said...

haha I love that you have a timer counting down the days until you leave. Awww. <3

Hope the snow clears up a bit. Shame you'll be coming home just before winter. It just turned Autumn here!

Anonymous said...

The ice storm really did sound nasty! Lucky for us we will never experience one of these in Sydmey.
Funny how it all happened because you wanted to see a hockey match which as it turned out was hardly worth going to anyway! Never mind & better luck next time. At least you did neet one very nice man.
Kind regards
Jackie.