Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oh, and...

...last night we went out for a V-day dinner and somehow the subject of babysitting came up and how much Sarah gets paid for looking after Jack, and how she gets paid more than I do on a per hour basis. Then John said, "Although, Sarah (me) doesn't really work her full 45 hours here", and I replied with a big, "HA! Are you kidding me?!" John looked at me a little puzzled and was like, "When do you work a 45 hour week?" and I was like, "Erm, try October, November and December, not to mention half of January!" and all the while I could feel my face getting redder and redder. Then somehow we weren't talking about that subject any more, but now my paranoia has kicked in and all I can think is, "OMG! Do they think I'm angry or something, or do they not believe that I actually worked all those hours?"

So yes. I need to stop over-analysing things, because it's now over 12 hours later and I'm still thinking about it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look Sarah if he changed the subject he must have realised that you weren't all that silly nor happy about being walked all over by the likes of them so don't worry about it.I think it a was good that you finally told them how many hours/week they made you work, so now you can put it all behind you and carry on normally.
About your return trip to Sydney, don't forget that you will be landing in a domestic airport and you will have to get to the international side on your own steam and that might mean taking a bus or a taxi if it is too far to walk.You will also have to find out what will happen to your luggage.
All the best for the trip to the Big Apple. I am quite sure that you will love it. It's the only big city in the USA with a soul.
Kind regards.
Jackie

Lara said...

That really sucks!!!
And this little shit Jack, unbelieveable. I am so sorry that you have a bad time but do you know what 95days 10hours 55minutes and 15seconds