Thursday, February 15, 2007

NYC + Lara

Booked my flight to NYC so there's no backing out. The flight cost $180. Yuck. Next I need to book my hostel accom, but I'm going to search for a little while longer on that. I may even end up switching hostels for the last couple of nights when Jemma gets there, cos I'm not sure where she's going to be staying. Oh, and the flights I got are soooo crap: I get into Newark (New Jersey) at 10:05 on Saturday night (it's even more expensive on Friday night) so I lose a day there, but still have to pay for accom, and have to navigate the train system and make it to the hostel very late at night, but at least on the way back it's an evening flight, so I'll hopefully have all day Sunday 1st.

I spoke to Lara last night and told her that I wouldn't be able to go to Germany, which is just horrible because I miss her so much! It's just not going to be able to happen - this NY trip is just too expensive, but it sucks because going to visit Lara was really what got me through last month, you know?

Oh well, at least I'm going home early, which is good because I miss my grandma with an ache. An ache! Can you believe it? I miss her so much I feel it in my gut. :( So at least I'll be home early. I plan to start work soon after I get back and then just try and save as hard as I can so I can go to Germany next July in the uni hols. Maybe I can get some early bird tickets. Who knows.

I have the house to myself this weekend, which is good. :) I dropped John and Jack off at the airport and they're on their way to Hawaii, and Sarah and Frances are going to San Diego this weekend (Saaaan Diaaaaaaago, it's German for a whale's ------). Judith's coming over tomorrow night to watch The Departed and play my drinking game to it. ;) One sip for each f-word. We'll be drunk after 10 mins.

On Sunday I'm hoping it won't be too cold on Sunday (although weather.com say's it'll be -6C with a windchill of -9C) because I want to go downtown to Chinatown (lol) for Chinese New Year!! I love C NY.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I am glad that you found a friend in Judith, although I wish I could drink with you both :-D
Don't feel bad about this whole situation, I am happy for you that you will see your granny as soon as possible. This is more important than me: your family!
Love lara